Friday, March 20, 2009

A few days in California... Visiting Grandpa Jim and Judy!


Spring Break is nice. Though I created this Spring Break -- I suppose that would make it self-made? I'm very self-sufficient. Going to my grandparents' house is so sweet! I love visiting them. They live in Redondo Beach which is about 45 minutes to an hour outside of LA. It's also about 3 blocks from the beach! These factors provide ample opportunities for entertainment. These are the ones that we've taken advantage of so far:

Trump National Golf Course
Wayfarer's Chapel
Crystal Cathedral
Del Amo Shopping Mall

This is in addition to a few local hot spots. For instance, the first morning we were here, we ate at a place called Joe's in Redondo Beach. This place was a seat-yourself diner that served everything from toast to omelettes, belgian waffles to flapjack stacks. It was fantastic! I ate off of everybody's plate. I had a some veggie omelette, some biscuits and gravy, home fries, fresh fruit, toast with jam, french toast, sausage. I loved it! Especially after being on a fairly liquid diet for almost two weeks..
Then, we took a tour of the Los Angeles area. My Grandpa Jim is a walking encyclopedia about most things. We saw the oil refineries, the harbors, and just about every shopping mall in LA and surrounding areas!

Like I said, part of what makes my grandparent's house so special is the fact that it's 3 blocks from the beach. The best thing to do every morning is wake up and walk straight down there. It's usually a bit chilly, but totally worth it!
Candace and Laura and I had a blast. So glad we went!

No comments: