Friday, March 20, 2009

Family Fun

My family from Dallas was in town this past weekend. They are so much fun. My cousins are considerably younger than me, and it's more like having a niece and a few nephews. But, nonetheless, they are each quite unique individuals. They have such personalities!

Jake, who's 6, is just like his dad (my uncle Eric). In addition to looking like him, he is really smart. However, he's also competitive, clumsy, and argumentative. This makes for an entertaining weekend! A few of his favorite activities are playing the Wii (only if Carson plays hard enough to make it fun, and as long as CJ plays down to his level so that Jake can still win), throwing the ball around (as long as everybody else throws and catches correctly), and playing soccer (as long as he doesn't trip over his own feet). He was entertaining to say the least!

Carson -- the middle child. That says enough I think. He's 4 and he is ALL BOY. He is so ornery, and he's quite the manipulator. The first night he was at my parent's house, he had gone all day without a nap. Unfortunately, he talks and keeps his brother up, so he was downstairs with us until Jake fell asleep. When his mother (my aunt Sarah) told him it was time to go upstairs, his response was : "Wait Mom. Dad: Are you with me, or are you with Mom? Because I'm not ready to go to bed." He is hysterical -- and too cute!

Savannah is the baby. She is 2 and a half, and has already developed her own sense of style. About 8 months ago, she developed an affinity for shoes and purses. She has yet to outgrow it (unfortunately for her parents). We went shopping, and she walked through the store with exclamations such as "This is cute. This is pretty. I yike this!" whilst grabbing at each pink outfit within her reach. My only girl cousin is 18 years younger than me, but she and I still have so much in common!

No comments: