Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu Planning

I made a fatal mistake last week. I went to the grocery store -- without a list.

This is how I always shop. I buy what sounds good. Mostly produce, some chips and salsa, yummy yogurt, some type of non-cow milk, absolutely no meat, and bam! I'm done.

But as I walked into the store this time, I realized, "Oh, I'm cooking for two people now!" Not to mention the fact that I haven't actually cooked in probably the last 6 months. I haven't actually prepared a full-fledged, 4-piece, all-the-food-groups meal. (I haven't eaten one either!)

So, you can imagine how this trip turned out. I bought everything I would normally have bought! And now I have a rotting cucumber, some limp cilantro and green onions, an unopened jar of yummy corn salsa... you get the idea.

I pulled myself together and did some inventory. Here's what I've come up with! Keep in mind I only cook dinner :) Poptarts and hot dogs will have to fill in until I'm more organized!

Monday: Chicken parmesan
Tuesday: Pepperoni Pizza and Cheesesticks
Wednesday: Biscuits and gravy, eggs, fruit salad
Thursday: Chicken stirfry over rice
Friday: Nachos
Saturday: Sweet and sour chicken, fried rice
Sunday: BBQ chicken sandwiches, chips, fruit salad

Let's see how well I stick to this...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good job on the menu planning! It helps a bunch...you're doing great though. Miles ahead of where I was (cooking wise) when we first got married. ;)