Monday, November 1, 2010

Girliness

I'm pretty sure Chris knew what he was getting in to when he married me. He knows I'm a girly girl. He knows I desire to do (and be!) all things homemaker. He knows pink is my favorite color. So, in my defense, should he really have been surprised when I came home with a sack full of fabrics that look like this?




I don't think so. His daughter is after all at least 50% of me. Certainly she will be so glad that the first years of her life were spent in a pink-zebra print room :)

But all joking aside, I really think this room will end up being super cute! I'm planning on sewing and crafting almost everything on my own. Here are a few of those things:

  • paint the crib
  • paint the cradle
  • make crib sheets
  • make bedskirt
  • make crib bumper
  • sew a shabby quilt
  • blankets
  • curtain swags
  • new lampshades
  • crib mobile

Oh, did I mention she's due in 4 short months? And that I work 40 hours a week? And that the holidays are coming up? I may or may not be nuts. We'll see! Anyway, I found a pretty awesome blog with patterns for almost everything that I don't know how to sew, and also some pretty cute patterns for burp cloths and other such things. This will be fun!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

So I didn't think you were allowed to paint the crib :)
I am sure it will all look amazing

Alex said...

We got special permission on the crib! In a few short weeks, it will be beautiful (No-VOC) glossy black :) It's taking some labor intensive sanding though. I despise spindles!