Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Menu Plan..

Well, I just got around to pressing the "post" button on the last menu plan, but I refrained from editing to reveal what we ACTUALLY ate those nights. It wasn't too different, but things always get rearranged for some reason. I'm trying really hard to find meals that sound good after 12 some odd hours of work, and that are already ready when I get home! This is a challenge. And so are Chris's and my conflicting schedules... My plan for this week is to try to double or triple most of the dinners to freeze -- that way it's available for lunches/weekends/lazy evenings! Hopefully this will be a lifesaver :)

Thursday: Chicken and Noodles and Mashed Potatos
Friday: Blueberry Pancakes and Cheesy scrambled eggs
Saturday: Chili and Cornbread
Sunday lunch: BBQ Chicken pizza
Sunday dinner: at the Nienhuis's! for some SPADES
Monday: Fettuccini Alfredo and Honey mustard carrots
Tuesday: Biscuits and Gravy and eggs
Wednesday: French Dip sandies and chips
Thursday: Eat out? KU v KSU
Friday-Sunday: Vacation!
Monday: Leftovers/Eat on the road
Tuesday: Potato Soup and homemade bread
Wednesday: Stuffed pasta shells
Thursday: Nachos
Friday: Baked Potatos
Saturday: Eat out for family birthday

Whew! That's a relief to be planned. Now I just have to be adventurous enough to make all these things!

2 comments:

Reagan said...

I know what you mean...I can't help but think that cooking for more than two people and not having to deal with work and school schedule will be so much easier. But I am sure it will be just the same :)

Shawna said...

You menu looks great!

I think you will love doubling and tripling things! It makes a huge difference.

I've been cooking one meal x6 every Monday. (since that is a day that I don't go anywhere) It is SO easy, and we've managed to rack up quite the little pile of freezer meals to use on those night where it just isn't happening. (I think around 28?)

The other thing that's helping me a ton is to prep most of the weekday meals on Monday too, between that and planning easy stuff, it seems like we are actually eating REAL meals at the end of a busy week day instead of tossing stuff together or eating out.

There is nothing worse than being exhausted and starving, and staring at a pantry full of ingredients. Nothing sounds good at that point!