Monday, September 28, 2009

Living With Boys

So, Chris and I are getting married. He'd probably prefer it if we move in together soon after. Problem is, I have a few reservations about the whole process. Here are the many cons that I've dreaded for the last 6 or so years:

Living With a Boy involves..

socks on the floor
3 meat-centered meals per day
beard trimmings in the sink
toilet seats left up
gender neutral bedding
drinking orange juice out of the carton
empty toilet paper rolls
double the laundry -- and it's smellier!
sports-centered television

As Chris and I are making plans for our marriage, I'm starting to reconsider a few of my fears. After all, living with a boy can't be that bad, can it? Here are a few of the positive aspects that I've come up with.

Living with a Boy's perks...

somebody to fix the toilet
somebody to reach things on the top shelf
somebody to kill the bugs
somebody to change light bulbs
somebody to snuggle with at night :)

Let me know if you can think of any more!

6 comments:

Reagan said...

i would say you've hit all those right on the head! it's worth it though - remind me of that next time there are little hairs missed after cleaning up his beard trimmings... ;)

Rachel said...

Totally worth it. The beard trimmings are the one thing that you always find no matter how thorough they thought they were...but at least he is trimming down that facial hair and you won't have a wild man living with you! ;)

Rachel said...

Tell him to shave in the shower - that is Dave's latest idea, and I am loving it! :)

Seriously, it is a different life, for sure...but definitely more fun!

Jessie said...

Chris does not look super hairy :)
Husbands are wonderful! One perk is if I hear something funny in the house Joe goes and walks the whole house making sure no one is lurking.

Alex said...

Another plus! Wearing boys clothes :) Comfy sweats and roomy tees. Can't wait!

Shawna said...

Rex shaves in the shower too! So nice.

Except...who am I kidding, it's not like I clean the bathroom either way! ;)

Right up there with snuggling at night, is someone to discuss the day with, bedtime chats are oh so sweet.