Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moving Day

Soon, I will be moving. In fact, I'm moving in 10 days. Moving sucks. I did it about 6 times last year, so I suppose I should be thankful that I am only doing it once this year (hopefully, fingers crossed!). Instead, I am choosing to dwell on the fact that working 40 hours a week and doing other chores like eating, sleeping and maintaining sanity leave little time for packing. After all, not only do I have to pack, but I have to do all of the following as well:

  • Change my address.
  • Find someplace to store all my furniture.
  • Cancel my cable.
  • Cancel my gas and electricity.
  • Find boxes to pack my stuff in.
  • Wash everything in my house so that it can be properly packed (slip covers, throw rugs, curtains, etc.)
  • Physically move everything out of my apartment to the house or the storage facility that is still to be determined.
  • Spackle all the holes I put in the walls.
  • Eat all the food in my refrigerator. It's really inconvenient to move it all.
  • Find the balance between packing things I still need and not having to unpack them again later after I discover that I do actually need them still.
  • Go through all the objects in my kitchen, DVD shelf, linen closet, etc. and try to remember what's mine and what's not.
  • Clean all the carpets.
  • Clean out my closet and dresser so that I don't have to move clothes that I don't intend to wear.
  • Take my cat to Paul's house :(.
  • Coerce my friends into moving my stuff -- some of it's really heavy, and big.
Anyway, you are now appraised of the severity of my situation. Please take pity on me in these time of trial and tribulation.

No comments: